How About A Restaruant?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve45, Mar 17, 2006.

1. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a local nursery in my town that has grown into landscaping, mowing services, etc. Recently, they have added a Restaruant of all things!

It ain't a burger joint, either. It's a fancy place where I've taken a couple of customers for lunch. My wife took me there for dinner for my birthday--$90 for two of us! You walk through the fertilizer and weedkiller section, past the potted plants, and there, in the back of the building, is the '**** At The Gardens'.

Just an idea...

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You're walking through pesticides to get to the dining area? They are in the same building? Within open air exposure of each other? I find this one a bit hard to believe that they were even ALLOWED to open like that..Let ALONE will STAY open...ESPECIALLY in a conciencious state like Cal.

3. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

A friends company went off on a tangent so to speak back in the day. Usually those types of expansion end in failure. If you want to expand it should be in direction more general to existing services. Such as landscaping to excavation. Tree service to land clearing.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Nothing wrong with owning more than one business. But to have a restaurant in the same building as your nursery/chemicles would have to be a clear health code violation. Do you not have a Department of Public Health in the state of Texas? Health Department inspections for restaurants?

5. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sorry but did you really ask this question:hammerhead:

6. DLCS

:rolleyes: I'm sorry do you have a point to your above comment?

7. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

This is my point. What country do you think Texas is in that they would not have the same requirements as any other food establishment in the country? You honestly don't think the board of health (which is a nation wide organization) would have said something if there were any problems? You don't think a swanky place was invested in without the proper inspections and permits being in place? :rolleyes:

8. DLCS

Have you ever seen a restaurant where you have hazardous chemicles in the same building. I haven't will not pass health inspections in Illinois. Thats why I ask. Not all states regulate the same.

9. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

SORRY! Let me clarify. The chemicals are stored in a different building that you must walk through to get to the dining area. The building that contains the restaruant actually has the potted plants. It's essentially a greenhouse.

10. DLCS

Ok that makes sense but still seems strange.