how about a search

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by caddad, Apr 25, 2005.

1. caddad

caddad LawnSite Member

I think that it would be nice if there was a search avail for this site. It would be helpfull if you could just type in "echo" or "gravely 1540" and get a list of all the strings that have that object in them . Just a thought, I know that may be very hard to achieve. :)
  2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

There is a search feature and obviously you didn't search for it :p. It's located on the green bar that is located under the sponsor banners. If you are reading this just scroll up a little and you will see the bar (User CP - FAQ -Advertise - Sponsors - Calendar - New Posts - Search - Quick Links - Log Out ). Click search....
  3. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

The search function is not visible unless you are logged in. This may explain newbies asking for information that is already here. They are lurking and they are going through each thread looking for certain info. They can't find it. They join and post a question asking for it.

I seem to recall that I did not even have access to the search when I first joined. I don't remember for certain. I will set up a new account on my wife's box later and check, if nobody knows the answer.