How about a Section for the Teens on here

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Supper Grassy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike,
    What do you think about a section where the teens can discuss things, and where the expecinced can give oponions. It seems as if you post a question in the main section that has to deal with teens you just get bashed to no avail. I also know that there are alot of teen members on this site, who do some lawns or are looking to get in the industry

2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

Yea we need our own forum so that we don't get bashed as much.

3. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Ummm...with all due respect, I guess I fail to see what good that would do at all. NO experienced guys would post useful info there, which is what everyone needs. My advice: don't go advertising that your a teen in your posts, and act and post respectfully. Most importantly, find someone in your community who is willing to help you out. I am very good friends with the owners of two operations here (one very large solo op, the other a fairly good sized family operation) and I feel the help both of those guys have given me over the last few year far outweighs anything I have gained through any other thing. Now that doesn't mean just go up and talk to every lawn guy like they are your best friend, either... most just want your lawns, or most importantly, dont want you taking any of theirs.

4. farmerkev

farmerkev LawnSite Member

KS, I understand what you are saying, but there is alot of unneeded bashing, most of you experienced guys started the same way, and I think there would be advice from the more experienced operators. Besides, it would be a great place for us to talk with each other and give each other ideas. But thats just my $.02. Everybody has their own opinions.

You make it sound like we dont post respectfully, I have not been here long, but have not noticed this yet.

5. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

well if we cant bash you teens and your newly started businesses what are we going to do all day?! and if you ignore all the crap, usually there is some great info from the more experienced guys... but there is a lot of crap to read through lol.

- the posts that get bashed are the people that come on here saying "hey im 14 and i have 100 accounts 50 mowers and blah blah" and lie about what they have and whatnot. and there are some posts that people just take it wayyyy to far and cant drop it but sometimes its neccessary. we are just hazing you newbies!

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yep. There is a reason some posts get bashed...because they deserve it:laugh:.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I'd have to agree with this!

8. Raven386

from CT

like this one....friggin ridiculous! bunch of punk kids trying to steal lawns from us veterans!

9. kubotab7200

kubotab7200 LawnSite Member
    from Newkirk

that happen to me 5 times last year didnt bother me to much cuz i had something they didnt a driver license

10. Raven386

from CT

I would rather sort through the crap and get someone who has been doing this for a few years to answer, then asking a bunch of kids who just started for business advice.