How About Encore???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by The Lawn Boy Pro, Mar 25, 2003.

1. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I have an Encore Pro Line 52" 20HP Liquid Cooled Kaw. ZTR. I think its a 93'. I just bought it. Encore's any good?

atlantec landscaping logo-small.jpg
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Since you just bought it, you may not really want to know that answer.

But if you do, do a search. Many of us have posted some info on them.
  3. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

encore is junk dealer here went outta business cause they are overpriced an underconstructed on the lines of a landscaper supply model!!
  4. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

65hoss, whats so bad about them? I have no problem agreeing the new ones are s**t, but The '93 Pro Line I've got runs and operates like a dream. What do you hate about them? I don't care what you say, I just want to know the most I can about this machine.
  5. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Even a dealer who sold them kinda shrugged and gave a "nuh uh" shake of the head when I asked about an Encore sitting on their floor. I suspect dealers carry them as price-leader products for those on a tight budget. But I have no personal experience with them.
  6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

7. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I know a lot of people have bad things to say about them, but I've got a 48" walk behind hydro that I bought used and have had no problems with it.

It isn't my front line mower, but it seems to be ok.

In my area there are a lot of Encores in use.

Would I buy another one if I was buying new? Probably not, there are others that are probably better for the same money, but I wouldn't have a problem looking at other used Encores if the price was right.