how about iron

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by stinkfoot, Jul 23, 2008.

1. stinkfoot

stinkfoot LawnSite Member
    from sapulpa

anybody ever use lesco 12-0-0 iron plus will it burn lawns in 90 degee summer how long will it last,

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I do not know where sepula (sp?) is but to try to put down nitrogen in the heat and lack of rain that is going on (regional of course) is turf suicide. I hope its cheaper than roundup because you will have basically the same results.

you could put down soil amendments light micronutrients maybe

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

i used some last week. It sort of stains the grass black. If you use a high rate it will darken the green color. I got slight injury at very high rate. Lasts about two weeks.

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I use it on all my lawns this time of year. Label rates have never burned the grass and will last 3-4 weeks if not over watered. Cheaper by the 55 gl drum. Be careful not to get it on driveways, fences, gutters, ect. It WILL stain.

5. mngrassguy

What?!!! Not true. Your more likely to kill a lawn with Organic fert than with Iron Plus (with Micros). lol

If you can't play nice here, you should go home and play in your own back-yard.

6. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

I used it last year and found that it lasted about 3 or 4 weeks depending on the rain.
    I agree with mngrassguy, you would have to put an awful lot down to damage the turf, and even then I am not sure it would.
    I am using a new Lesco product this year, it is 4-4-5 and is non-staining, at least that is what they tell me.

7. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

what rate are you using?

8. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

9. mngrassguy

3 gls/ acre in 4 gls/k water-max label rate. Never apply to severly stressed turf.

10. mngrassguy