How about it LawnSite?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC, Aug 9, 2004.

?

Should LawnSite add a video posting option?

1. Yes!

54 vote(s)
    76.1%
  2. No!

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. Don't Care!

14 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

I'm going out on a limb here. I for one would like to be able to view videos on this site from other members. I think it would be a great addition to this site. I mean pictures are great, but think about it. How many times have we spent countless periods of time trying to type out an explanation or procedure for how to do something? And how many times did you just succeed at confusing your readers? Its hard trying to put actions into words. If we could post videos of our work and such we would have a one on one chance to learn something or teach something to other members. (Ex. How to do a 3 point turn on a ZTR.) I know this thread probably should have been posted under the "LawnSite Announcements, Support & FAQ" forum, but the "Commercial Lawn Care" forum is by far the biggest chance to get this idea passed.

So how do the members of LawnSite feel about adding a video option to our posts?

How about it LawnSite moderators?

2. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like a good idea to me...

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

use a .zip file, it compresses the file some also

4. DFWProLawn

DFWProLawn LawnSite Member
    from DFW, TX

I like the idea because I enjoy seeing the way others do things and I think it would be easier to understand a new or different technique by viewing it on a short video.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    John

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good idea...

7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

A video of a 3 point turn would save a lot of aggravation for newbies. Showing the magic of striping through a tree would be cool too! I could make an mpeg of how my electric chute blocker works.

8. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Great idea! I support this one.

9. economiclawncare

economiclawncare LawnSite Member

sounds like a great idea. why didnt it think of that

10. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds good to me too