1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How about the dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Aug 30, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

You expect good dealer support, but when you get the good dealer support, for mowers hand Helds, skid steers etc, do you in kind support a great dealer.
    You have a dealer who provides (if no parts are out of stock,) One and two day turnarounds on repairs. Do you purchase parts, blades, maintenance items from him, or go to sources such as the internet? He walks the extra mile for you; do you return a little something back by helping his thin bottom line by buying your parts from him.

It's a no-brainer to me what to do.
  2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

In fact, my dealer has asked me for prices for the things I used to purchase off of the internet, and if I'll purchase what I need for the year in the early spring, when they make their big parts purchase, they'll sell me the parts for the internet price.

I know I pay an extra $500-600 for a mower, or an extra $25-50 for a handheld piece of equipment than if I were to go to a shop about 20 miles from here, but why?? It's just the added cost of doing business and getting exceptional, IMO, service.
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Dealer all the time. How would you like it if your costumer sub everything out but the mowing because of price.

4. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

Dealer very close to me...they have a beautiful showroom...their prices are high, and don't carry much in the way of hand held tools. (A few shindawa's and ryobi's) They only rent 21's and resi...ztr's...along with aerators and thatchers...all of which I could deal with but they are never open when I need them open! They keep bankers hours! They are open 9 am to 5:00 pm mon thru fri and 10 am to 1 pm on saturday. :realmad:

So I drive 25 miles across the state line to go to another dealer that is open 6:30 am to 6:30 pm mon thru fri, and sat. 8 to 6, sun 10 to 3. They carry shindawa, echo, stihl, john deere, exmark, great dane, toro, bluebird, billy goat, etc. etc.... To me its worth the gas and time to drive those miles just to get some service, and quality products...and in return I buy from them, exclusively...(unless I see a great deal on e'bay that I can't refuse, (but that's rare)! they scratch my back I scratch theirs....it's win win. :)
  5. CuttingCrew

CuttingCrew LawnSite Member

My dealer has saved me hundreds of dollars over the last two years. If I need it and he sells it, I'm buying it from him, from mowers to trimmer string.

6. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I would answer but the comment you made about people in Georgia. I don't deserve an answer to your question.