How about this for organic turf

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by ICT Bill, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

One of our customers were nice enough to send photos of the status of their turf.
    This property is using the Instant Compost Tea and NPP almost exclusively. They applied some composted chicken manure as well

I would say that this site ROCKS

sports turf 700 7-08.JPG

2. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

*drool* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

what shape/kind of soil are they working with? Did they put down a lot of compost in the past that you know of?

4. ICT Bill

The sports fields were completely regraded and refurbished last fall. I have not been privey to a soil test so I don't know what the OM readings are or the practices used last fall.

I do know that this site looks very mature for being less than a year old. This is almost all KBG with some rye and fescue. It has been a very wet year and they have had literally no fungal issues, pretty sweet

Our results back from the University of Rhode Island are just as impressive. They are conducting a 2 year study for us

5. DeepGreenLawn

It looks great. If they were smart enough to use your product, going towards the microorganisms, it makes me think they were probably smart enough to add compost when they restructured the turf.

It is beautiful though by the way. And people say organics don't work. Has the feild been played on much (had a lot of stress)?

6. ICT Bill

Play has been minimal as it is summer break. Some soccer and baseball

here is one of the ball fields

Sports ball field.JPG

7. Stewards of the Land

Stewards of the Land LawnSite Member

My questions would be...

How long do these fields stay with the vigor shown?

How many treatments of product are used and how much each time?

How many times a day is it water and how much water is used in order to keep it that way?

Thanks,

8. DeepGreenLawn

Man, keep the pics coming, I would love to take these to the Braves and get their feild. That would be COOL!

9. ICT Bill

all of the time

They were treating once a month they have moved to every two weeks, they wanted to see if they could really get it to pop, I thinked it worked. The mixing rate is 1 ounce per 3000 sq ft and applied at 2 gallons per 1000 sq ft.

I believe the only field that is irrigated is the football field, they have not been lacking for water this year. In fact it has been extremely wet, they expected to have to do multiple fungicide treatments by now but there has been no fungal disease showing except in small area that stays wet all of the time

sports turf wet.JPG

10. DeepGreenLawn

I am invious. I still want to know what they are working with as a base.