How About This One ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowman, Nov 29, 2000.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

From an earlier post I asked about my business name and got some very good advice, and I thank you all for it. After thinking about it and talking to others, after a few beers someone said, how about this.

A QUALITY CUT
    LAWN & LANDSCAPE
    MAINTENANCE
    With it starting with A it will be one of the first ones in the phone book. So what do you all think?
    Thanks for your help.
    Mowman

2. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

sounds nice

3. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds good but i reguardless of the name being listed first in phone book i would ditch the A, just "Quality Cut".
    But just an opinion, good luck with whatever you choose.

4. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Mowman-

I agree with gun. Everyone worries about their name being first in the yellow pages. I am different though, I don't want people who just look down the phone list and kick everyones tires. The customers that we pick up are those from referrals. They know our name and our reputation and don't have to take us for a test run......

Mike
    Greenkeepers

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

lose the "A". doesnt flow right to me with it in there

6. Guest

i think the A might work if he is from Canada.

7. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

My wife sells ads in a popular phone book. She has told me it's not who is first in the alphabetical listing, but who is first in the actual ads that is important. The way they determine whose ad goes first is by size. Then who purchased the ad first. i.e. if you have the same size ad then whoever purchased their's first is listed first. I've looked in several area books and their may be over 100 listing of numbers, but what sticks out to me is the big or color ads that surround the listings.
    A Quality Cut sound like a great name, although I think just Quality Cut sounds better. Do whatever you like.
    Just thought you might like to know what the people who sell the adds think.
    Ssouth

8. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Size matters. ;)

"Quality Cut"?

Too non-original.

"Cut" tends to limit you to mowing. You'll want soemthing more inclusive as your business expands.

9. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with Lazer,Cut this ...Cut that...If that is all you do,fine go with it...if not...keep digging,Just my thoughts,sorry...JOHN

10. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

The Business Name sounds Great. But i really can't say much about the yellow pages.I don't even advertise, but i stay busy. But you got my two thumbs up. Marks Mowing Service.