How about this trailer???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by DixieChopperDuramax, Jan 5, 2007.

1. DixieChopperDuramax

DixieChopperDuramax LawnSite Member

I found this out in the middle of no where and iv been looking for a cheap trailer to fix up, we're gonna add another crew next spring, 2 mowers is all im looking to get on it but im kinda afraid its not long enough, how long would yall say it is, im thinking maybe 12' but it could only be 10, im refering to the flatbed part since the dove tail is to steep. Thought if i can get it cheap enough id throw some new steel sides on it and give it a black paint job.

01-05-07_1513.jpg

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

a gooseneck for 2 mowers thats a little much

3. DixieChopperDuramax

DixieChopperDuramax LawnSite Member

Why do you say that? no offense jw why. I like the way a gooseneck manuvers a lot better than a bumper hitch and it would be handy to put a big load of mulch on or even haul a little hay. It is a stout looking trailer though, not sure how much theyll ask for it. Wev got a 25' gn we use on the farm but its to long to get around town with.

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

A ton of weight too.

5. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

they are tough trailers and if you use them for mowers then go ahead i jsut always thought them to be heavy hauling trailers and not for light things like mowers

6. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Looks like over kill to me but a nice trailer for heavy eq not mowers.

7. shortgut

shortgut LawnSite Member

this is our set up really nice pulls alot better than a bumper pull this one was a bumper pull till we conveted it to a G/N

DSC00697.jpg new truck and trailer.jpg

8. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I bet you could find a used utility trailer that would suit your needs a lot better and weigh a lot less. Why pull all the extra weight, I don't know about there, but here, gas costs money. Plus why give up your truck bed. A GN distributes weight better and tows a little nicer, but we're talking about 2 mowers, not an excavator.

9. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree nice trailer, but its made for a bobcat or excavator. Yes it would haul some mulch, hay, heavy loads. I think its over kill for mowers. If you have the cash buy it.

10. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

It looks like it is 12' to me. I would get it if I had a goose neck hitch.