1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How about this.......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BLakin01, Jul 25, 2001.

1. BLakin01

BLakin01 LawnSite Member

Now, I'm not trying to brag or anything, but we've had almost an inch of rain a day here in Rensselaer since Sat. night. :D And the good thing is that it has mainly been coming after 6 p.m., so it has time to dry out for the next day, that is except for today. Just trying to see where the rest of you are at on this whole rain situation.

Brandon Lakin
    B&H Mowing Service
    Rensselaer, IN
  2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

3. Hoosier Mower

Hoosier Mower LawnSite Member

Hey fellow Hoosier, here in the Terre Haute area we've recieved about the same but its been anywhere from 2pm-midnite. Keep cuttin'
  4. TotalLawn

TotalLawn LawnSite Member

I think we just had like our 10th consecutive day over 100 degrees. We are so far behind on rain fall I lost track!!!

WILSON BROS. LawnSite Member

3 inches today I call that job security
  6. script

script LawnSite Member

Rained all day. Most days lately we'll cut with temps in the upper 90's with high humidity (feels like 110), and get those afternoon showers that dump 1/2 to 2 inches of rain in half an hour. It'll stop, dry up and feel twice as hot. We have plenty water and grass is growing like crazy. At times like these it is hard to believe that the grass will stop growing come winter time and we'll be wishing for something to cut.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

a lot of slw drizzle here in locust nc area,with an occasional
    downpour. it keeps this up long and ill have another reason to be glad i got the lazer.nothin i hate more than playin catchup with over grown grass. aint it great.
  8. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

raining here too since Sat. However, it hadn't rained before than for several weeks. Thank God it has finally rained.:blob3:
  9. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I was able to mow until 2:00 PM yesterday before it droped an inch on me. I only mowed until 1:00 today and we got another 3/4 inch. I am glad to see it. It is going to go good with all of that fertilizer I put down last week.
  10. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

It's been so wet here that the lawns are swamps. I havn't cut a full lawn in a while due to excessive rain. I just cut as much as I can and go on to the next one. I'm not going to walk around in nasty, stagnet, mosquito infested water. Now I'm hearing that the west nile virus may be heading our way.