How about this...

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by jds720, May 12, 2008.

1. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

Surfing around online, 9grand for this. Still trying to find out the MPG. wouldnt be a bad hauler for mower and Equip

NextEDEN.JPG

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Good Idea! I was thinking about doing the samething in the future but i wouldnt spend that much money on one, Ive seen them cheaper.

3. jds720

jds720 LawnSite Senior Member

It looks in good shape, i cant afford to do it now but its a thought!

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I thought it was a pretty good price !!

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

box is too small

6. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

check u-hauls website, they have severl different sizes for between 2k and 5k.

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

The way those trucks are rated for weight, they are just about useless. I helped a buddy move the week before mothers day. He got one of those penske trucks on his was the 15 footer with drw. The gvwr was 10,000 and curb weight was really close to 7k. There was a sticker at the rear of the box that said the max weight for cargo must be under 26xx lbs. Put 2 riders and not much more and your pretty close to maxed out. Crap, you can get a 6x12 trailer rated a 3k, and get a 2100lb payload on that for right around $1000.

8. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. That's a great idea. You could even sell the box and make money off it, then build your own trailer bed out of wood (just an idea). $9,000 is way too much for something like that IMO (although probably not for that particular year and model). I saw a 1999 Ford E-350 van w. a 18' box on the back, and the 7.3L Powerstroke diesel, with only 100,000 miles for $3500. It's on the Raleigh, NC Craigslist.

9. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member