How am I doing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CoultersDFW, Feb 26, 2004.

1. CoultersDFW

CoultersDFW LawnSite Member

This is my first attempt at some marketing materials/agreements, and this is what I've come up with so far. I have a little more work to do on it, but I wanted to get your opinion on it also. There are two pages here, (sheet 1 and 4).

What do you think so far?
    :eek:

Attached Files:

2. CoultersDFW

Forgot to mention there will be a page dedicated to each "service plan", that I can include in this contract. (example is "platinum service" on sheet 1 of the above). Thanks for your input!

Attached Files:

3. mole

mole LawnSite Member

looks good, But i think the contract is a little long. A lot of reading. Do a seach of other contracts in here. I did you will find a ton of good ones that you can tweak a little and come out with a smaller and better one. Thats what i did.

4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Call your contract an agreement and and don't put an ending date on it. Put a start date and then state that your service is continuous until a 7, 14 or 30 day notice is given for intentions to change or stop service. This will make the agreement good year after year and you won't have to make them re-sign next year.

I use a 7 day notice because I would never make someone use my service that wasn't happy with it.

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Coulters, what will you do if your customers want a few services from each program? Do you mix and match for them, and figure in a price, or do you tell them 'oh well, can't do it'....just wondering

6. CoultersDFW

Thanks guys! Great info! Keep it coming. I'll see if I can shorten the contract, but I'm pretty sure that I'm covering all my bases with this one. I'll try to condense it. I also like Soupy's idea. I'll take out the end date, and make it a continuing agreement.

Expert: I always offer a "pay-per-service" for desired services not included in their plan. Now that you mention it, I'll need to write up that paper to include in my new customer "packet". So far, I've got a pretty good folder of forms for new customers. Contract, FAQ sheet, plans, schedules, etc.... Anyone else like this?

Thanks!

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

CoultersDFW, What are you using for folders? I need to look into something for my packets.

8. Expert Lawns

I use 6x9 manilla envelopes for my packets. $1.99 for 25 at Meijers. Pretty cheap

9. CoultersDFW

I'm going to use 8.5x11" manilla envelopes with my logo stamped on it for my packet.

10. Expert Lawns

I take it you're not going to be folding any of your documents? Good Idea about the logo being stamped on it. good recognition