How angry would you be if your new Kubota

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jonathanone, Feb 28, 2011.

1. jonathanone

jonathanone LawnSite Member
    from Ct

turned out to be one of the zt's near the road at this dealers lot? and at least a foot of snow had melted BEFORE these were taken.

Selling these as 'new' should be a criminal offense, Kubota allowing these 'storage' practices is shameful..

Thanks to my friends for posting these on their smugmug site-in the Kubota gallery- and they tell me everyone with an interest in rv'ing is welcome to look at what has to be the worst made motorhome ever..

http://www.betsy-tom.smugmug.com/

2. Scagmower48

Scagmower48 LawnSite Senior Member

New car dealers sell new cars after the snow falls on them. Those are Kubotas, they will handle a little snow

3. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

If dealers kept all of there equipment inside you would have to pay double for your equipment. Do you have any idea how much commercial real estate is?

4. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

The dealer around here is the same way. Do you have a clue how much it would cost to store that under a roof? A lot. They get rained on, snow won't hurt them.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. lotsagrass

lotsagrass LawnSite Senior Member

I hate to see that, but it's pretty much a common practice and most dealers don't have a place to store them indoors over winter. Most try to cram as much as they can inside, but there's still a lot outside in the weather. Best you can hope for is to buy one that hasn't sat out too long.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

lol, looks like winter

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I'd never buy a Zero Turn if it was stored outside.

Big equipment, sure, I understand, it's supposed to be outside. But mowers...no...they're to be kept inside...

I'd go to a different dealer for sure.

8. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

It's a Kubota don't be scared. And they have hoods over the motors unlike many other brands...

9. borwicks

borwicks LawnSite Senior Member

really..........Let me see you ever going to wash your equipment? you ever going to be mowing and caught in the rain? you ever going to mow wet grass? Its commercial equipment if it cant stand a little rain and snow for a few months on the dealers lot who wants to buy it.

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

It's one thing for a machine to see water but to be stored outside is something different especially a brand new unit. I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy a machine with rusty screws holding the seat on.