How are gas prices affecting your business?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Turfco Tim, May 11, 2006.

1. Turfco Tim

Turfco Tim LawnSite Member

Guys,
    How is the price of gas affecting your business? Are you scheduling stops closer? Cutting employees? Implementing any policies for fuel conservation? Eliminating capital purchases?
    Just interested.
    Tim Gray

2. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

all my bids ths year were based on gas bieng $3.00 a gallon so i'm on target sofar.

Ron

3. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

price of gas isnt even up $1 yet we use about 40 gallons a week on the truck and equipment doing 110 residentials ... so paying an extra $40 a week for gas isnt affecting anything at alll.. if it does you are doing something wrong unless you are some of tyhe really large companies running multiple ztrs's and have a few f550's and going through 2-300 gallons a week then u will be affected

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

For me it's an ongoing and neverending thing, to cut costs is to increase profits invisible to the customer.
    It works as good as raising prices, and should be an integral part of everyone's business, imo.

Effect? I had to raise the fuel budget to $100 / week for peak (from last year's $80), and right now I got tanks brimming with pure premium, a few pieces of equipment are a bit low but I am amazed how efficient a lawn operation can be.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Price of gas got up there a bit but it has leveled off for now. So far we are on target with job costs and what not. Well see what happens.........

6. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

Charging a fuel sur-charge the last 2 months. We will continue to do so untill prices go down.

7. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

planned for it......no big deal....