1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How are Lesco Mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MrC, May 13, 2007.

1. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

My brother is looking into buying a used Lesco mower. I don't know to much about the deal. All he could tell me is that it's a 48", Kawasaki motor that has been used for 1 year. He's including the dolly, bag, and extra blades for $1800.
  2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

is it a hydro, or belt? Reguadless, whichever one it may be, both good mowers.
  3. MrC

MrC LawnSite Member
    from Jersey

I don't know but I'm guessing it's a belt based his asking price. Is that a good price?
  4. KC MOW

KC MOW LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

From what little details given it sounds good but who knows
  5. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

The lesco green fixed deck is a good mower and if it is a Hydro and you put 20X10 wheels on it it can mow almost as much as a good ZTR. I would not pay 1800$ for a belt drive and the lesco WB can be had for nothing practically.

The rule of thumb on a lesco mower that I follow for here in FL is if it is almost like new I pay 50 cents on the $ that is what makes the mowers such a great bargain.

The last one I bought last year had 65 Hours on it and had a 17HP Kawie and I got it with the Lesco velkie and it was like new for 1900$ which is 50 cent's on the $

Lesco products are trully mediocre but a great value used for the $. If the mower is not close to new and a hydro I would say NO!

and just remember when buying used MTD,cub or lesco

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search because there are threads going on this now and many many before. YES, Lesco's and com Cubs are great mowers.
  7. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

Lescos are great.
  8. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

There simple and very mediocre, sometimes I think these people have just moved up from a Murray rider.
  9. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

simple, yes. built well and they are extremely easy to fix. wouldn't think about owning any other w/b mower.
  10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Lesco's are great mowers and the kawasaki is a good commercial engine