How are most of your clients aqquired?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by nelnet, Feb 17, 2006.

1. nelnet

nelnet LawnSite Member
    from GA.

What percentage do yo get from flyers, classified ads, etc?

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

some from flyers, then from referals from those customers, word of mouth is the best form of advertising, just got to get a few jobs so they will start talking about you....:)

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Word of mouth is # 1
    after that it is from seeing us work

4. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

I agree. Started out with door-hangers. 85% is now from word of mouth. Quality work will get people talking.

5. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

you can expect about 2% calls from the amount of flyers you hand out. Half of that is what you will probobly end up working for.

6. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

The best way to get customers imo - hustle, word of mouth, and some luck.

In the last week I called on an apartment complex and did a spring clean-up AND because of the good work will be cutting it this year. The owner had a friend stop in and seen the job progressing and got myself another clean-up and cut this year.

While I was doing this yard yesterday, a woman drove up and asked if I did lawn work or owned the house .. she's looking for a clean-up and someone to cut her and her mothers prop's this year. Stopped by to look over it today and met her husband who is a contractor and has four houses needing sod and bushes coming up.

Will give a qoute on that one tomorrow. And might wiggle in on some installing.

Hustle leads to word of mouth, and a little luck .. purtty good week for me.

7. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

I Just Send My Girlfreind Out In My Truck Topless, She Comes Back With Signed Contracts In Hand !!! Shhh I Hope She Doesnt See This Lol Jk

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Being seen working and word of mouth

9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Flyers lead to customers and then their neighbors like the awesome work and use us too. Then their relatives start calling. Its like a green snowball.

10. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

word of mouth is great, it get 40-50 new accounts every year like that. this year my son is going to work with me so I need to pick-up 150 new accounts so I will be passing out 10000 flyer's.