How are Nextel phones??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Shuter, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

For 60$ we get 5000 phone and 5000 Radio mintues. Its a lot safer using the radio feature while driving.Just make sure you have your radio off, unless you like a nice warning before a call or a page. Great coverage as well.

We had the startacs with Alltell which where nice. Just make sure you get a small phone.

2. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

Dang! THIS weeks ad here- $60.00 for 400!! minutes, unlimited radio minutes, free nights and weekends.:eek:

3. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

You mean there are prople out there that live without a Nextel???? In this country????? Oh my.....

4. Mike Bradbury

Mike Bradbury LawnSite Senior Member

Do you hear other people? Can't have your own channel can you?????:confused:

5. Mow&Snow

Everybody has thier own channel. you punch in the private number of the phone u want to 2 way and alert them. They respond just like a walkie talkie. U can either use the speaker built into the phone where everyone in the room can hear, or turn off the speaker and noone but you can hear.

Very kool....

6. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nextels are great we have 12 of them they are the best for what we do..........

7. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

I have a couple Nextels. I think they are good for what they do. However I also think that the company has business owners over a barrel. You really need them if you are in a business, however they are the most expensive cell company out there from what I can tell. I pay $69.99 a month BEFORE tax, sir charges, over run, etc. That's for unlimitted time nights and weekends, free long distance, 500 or 600 minutes a month, unlimitted 2 way, free voice mail, basic net service, etc. After tax and sir charges it gets to be about $100 per phone per month :dizzy:

8. Mow&Snow

I agree that nextel cosrs are getting out of hand...seems my bill gets higher and higher every month. Thing is, i can no longer live without it so price is less of a factor and they know it

9. Agricare1

Agricare1 LawnSite Member

If you have any more than just yourself and the office girl than i would say save your money. But if you are any bigger than that and \or do alot of work with other contractors or property managers that may be on the nextel system, than it's becoming almost a necessity.Sprint released a press release last week that they are testing a two way system right now in the mid-west and will roll it out nationwide to businesses at the end of the year. cool thing about that is they already have color picture phones in their phone line-up. Spoke with personnel friend (who is a Nextel rep) and she says that Nextel has no plans to roll out a picture capable phone. Too bad, they really come in handy.

10. adrianvbarrera

adrianvbarrera LawnSite Member

I just upped my AT&T service to $99 a month for 43,200 minutes anytime and free long distance all over the US.

Basically its unlimited minutes but I calculated the above number for comparison purposes.

Adrian