How are these direct mail prices?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mrusk, Mar 13, 2006.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I just got off the phone with my local direct mail business. The guy recommend me mailing out 8x5.5 postcards. He told me i am better off mailing to whole carrier routes in the areas i want.

Here is the break down:

.18 postage per peice
    $50 per a thousand for his services.
    Post cards will run my around 81.25 per a k with shipping if i buy them online

So i am looking at $311.15 per a k mailed. I think that pretty damn good. The area where i am looking to mail is very high end. Median household income over 90k.

If we do select mailing,with a purchused mailing list i am looking at almost .28 a piece. Thats a big difference in price. I think i am better off going with the carrier route. I am thinking 4 mailing of 5k, 3 of 6500, or 2 at 10000.

Matt

2. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

EDIT: I am looking at .28 per a peice for postage if i do not mail to the whole carrier rate. Not .28 total.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That sounds like a decent price. What about the cost of the postcard? I did some 4.5x6's a couple years ago. I paid right at .40 cents each, that included everything...design, print, mailing lists and postage. It was .20 cents each for just the postage and mine were much smaller than yours. I would think that should get you lots of buisness....or calls anyway.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Thats awsome, I paid $300 for just the postcards, but I do it myself.