How Are They After A Year's Use?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by ZH Turf Man, Apr 23, 2005.

1. ZH Turf Man

ZH Turf Man LawnSite Member

Last summer I read lots of posts from guys who were buying new Simplicity, County Clipper, FastTraks, etc. and at the time they loved them. How do all you folks feel about your mowers since you now have a years use on them? Have they been as reliable as you expected, would you still buy the same mower again?

2. voeg

voeg LawnSite Member
    from KS.

Let me start off by saying my yard is very hilly with a lot of slopes and trees. I have a Fastrak 18/44, the mower runs very nicely, and mows my 1+ acre lot in less than an hour. Other than the original battery not lasting[covered under warranty] I have had no mechanical problems with my mower. That being said I wish I would have demoed a new lawn tractor as my Fastrak slides on the slopes and damp grass. If I do not slow down or stop before starting down some of my slopes I cannot stop, even if I try to stop the mower will just slide to the bottom of the hill. The hill is about a 3 to 1 slope. I had an LX188 JD and it would handle the slopes ok. Hope this helps. Dan