How are those Stihl br600's holding up.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CharlieBingo, Nov 20, 2005.

1. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I'm running Redmax 8000 and I like them not as reliable and durable as the 7001's. I'd like to give the
    stihl 600's a try but there very new. Anyone run them for some substantial hours yet and if so how are they holding up?

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Holding up great so far! we have two br600s and a br550. we also have 3 br420s. just the other day we blew up a br420 and picked up another br600. they are incredibly powerful. the new shroud guard that prevents leaves from getting to the fan works awesome. our original br600 has a good 100 hours on it already and holdin up great. the power of the 600 over the 550 is way better. if you can afford the small increase in price, its well worth it. my only beef with the blowers is the little rubber shock mounts over the gas tank. over time they break and fall out. originally all my guys shook their heads and said "oh great, a tad bit heavier and a little more bulky" but after using them, thats all they want to use. nobody wants to touch the br420s

3. wmsland

wmsland LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

I have had no problems with my 600, my only complaint is that I wish it had a larger gas tank. When I'm doing larger jobs you almost have to carry a gas can around with you, only about 30 to 45 minutes of run time. All in all it was a great investment.

4. john_incircuit

john_incircuit LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

we only have one 550 and it is holding up very well. Starts well, runs well, and is really not all that loud. No whining, high pitch noise, sounds more like the old muscle cars....

John

5. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

love my 550 my dealer wasn't getting any 600's in for like a month and I couldn't wait.

6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I got mine about a week ago so i cant tell you how its holding up bc i havent had it that long but i do love it its awesome and no more headaces from loud noise.....when ever time comes to get another bp ill be gettin another stihl
    br600

7. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

Yes, wmsland, i feel the same about the gas tank. sometimes when it is down to about a quarter of a tank it will hesitate with the movements you make, but, since that is my only complaint so far, i'll take it.

8. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Really? only 30-45 min? my b420c gets an hour and 10 minutes.. i know the 600 is stronger and bigger.. but why so much time wasted?

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

lol you will see if you buy one.....they do go through some serious gas, but the power it has makes up for it. a br420 will last a hell of a lot longer, but ill still pick the br600.

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

3 br600s here... so far so good. I think the 8000 would be more powerful, but I have a feeling these 4-strokes will outlast the 8000s. Talk about easy to crank... the only thing easier would be electric start.