"How Are We Doing" Surveys-Anyone Use Them?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wolfie's L&L, May 24, 2005.

1. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Now as the lawn season is in full swing (for most of us atleast)-how many of you send "How Are We Doing" surveys to customers to rate how well your services are being provided to them? We haven't implemented this yet, but are considering it to see where we are doing well and where we can improve in certain areas. I was thinking maybe send them out once every other month with the invoices.

Thanks!

Jason

2. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

And give them another chance to complain? Not me. I let sleeping dogs lie.

As long as we are mowing the lawn, they are paying the bill, I would just as soon never see or hear from my customers.

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

If they are unhappy, trust me you will hear from them. Why give them a chance to maybe find something to "nitpick" about when otherwise they wouldn't say anything. No, we don't use them.

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i agree with the above 2 posters. i actually thought about sending "how are we doing" letters. then i thought, "wait, do i really care?" the answer was no. i am doing everything i can, within the guidelines of my policies, to please the client. i can't possibly do more

5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree 100%

6. pasto_guy

pasto_guy LawnSite Member
    from VA

We did it once. Hardley got any back. Jusy as well because of what was mentioned above

7. pagefault

pagefault LawnSite Senior Member

I worked for a computer service company that sent these out all the time. They even had a drawing each month for a free service visit. It worked great. Their customer satisfaction rate was in the 90%+ range. It was insane.

Yeah, the unhappy ones will contact you anyway (most of the time), but they are easier to please when you contact them first.

8. mower_babe

mower_babe LawnSite Senior Member

We send them out every couple of years. Great information. Definitely helpful. I would NOT send them out any more frequently than that. I wouldn't even send them out every year. Also, we enclose SASE for those, to further encourage people to fill them out. The next time, I am going to email them in Word, so that people can underline the appropriate answers, instead of mailing them. Then, I compile the answers and have an employee meeting and share the info.