How are you advertising for fall?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kc2006, Sep 6, 2005.

1. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

well I posted a couple idea's I had for fall clean up advertising, just wondering what everyone else does to advertise for leaves?

Not a whole lot of talk about leaves on LS at the moment, and they'll begin falling in the next 3 weeks probably so just wondering. In my other post I mentioned a few ideas, but as of now I'll be putting a 1/4 page add in a local paper that goes to all homes (its a free paper). I wil also be painting the leaf box up nicely so that should be a large advertisment in itself.

After a fairly slow year I want to really bring in alot of business with leaves. So I'm trying to get the most advertising I can. I'm still thinking about doorhangers/flyers....but it takes so long to distribute them that I dont think I could get enough out.

Again just checkin out what others are doing, Thanks :D

2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

For existing customers, I pitch a 10% "good customer" discount on all cleanups, this will be happening at the end of this month's billing cycle. Other than that, flyers go out and make great exercise.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i pay to have them inserted into the local paper, and i am able to target certain locations this way, pretty affordable insert rate.....

4. AlleganyLawnCare

AlleganyLawnCare LawnSite Member

kc2006:

I know how you feel. I am thinking about hiring some teenagers or so to put doorhangers out for me. I also plan on placing 3 x 3 ad in the free weekly newspaper in the area. The daily local is too expensive.

5. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Booger, no free papers around me. I am sending out postcards 6x 8 folded from a whole sheet ,priced a mailing list $360 for 10k homes worth more than 300k pricing on cards I am waiting for 10k 6x8 april cost me $750. postage the same .12c per card. I like the insert idea. I also am having flyers made & letters I am going to put in plastic door hanger bags with a business card magnet to target certain areas for total maintenance and care.

6. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

I'm not sure if you service lawns down here, but there's the "Route 40 Flyer" distributed in the bear/newark area. There's also a company that hands out your flyers for you, but I forget their name.

7. Turf Troll

Turf Troll LawnSite Member

Hey Eddie B.

I stay Chadds Ford to West Grove Pa. & from Wilm, at the river [Industrial] Greenville to North & East of Newark. So 10 miles on either side of Hockessin & 4 miles wide North South. I just went into a community and 46 out of 50 lawns where browned out with large bare spots from heat stress with every week mowing. I have put together a 3 sheet flyer pack and some plastic door hanger bags put the flyers in my logoed envelope and in the bag tomorrow. My goal {which will change} is 50 mowing accounts additional by next spring.