How are you billing for regular services?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Blink74, Dec 3, 2007.

?

How do you bill?

1. Monthly flat rate

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. Pay per visit

21 vote(s)
    67.7%
  1. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

How are you billing for regular services such as: weekly mowing, bed maintenance, fertilization program and/or other regular services?

2. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

you missed two options:
    (3) both - customer has option
    (4) monthly for maintenance, per visit for fert

3. BNR LAWN SERVICES

BNR LAWN SERVICES LawnSite Member

Depends on customer. If they are weekly cutting customer I bill all services for the month at the end of the month. None weekly cut customers get bill as soon as service is done.

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I bill monthly most of my non weekly customers are usually cash.

5. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

legit businesses bill monthly for maintenance. can you see pros knocking on the door afterwords saying, can i please get paid

6. mudwisr2

mudwisr2 LawnSite Senior Member

I think you are mistaken on that comment. I agree that many feel a monthly billing statement is the most professional way to carry out business. I am a completely legit business and currently INVOICE each visit (mostly due to customer request). Don't think I knocked on many doors this season. When we do knock on a door it is usually to inform the homeowner of something on their property and rarely results with a check in hand. I am a fan of the flat, monthly rate for maintenance and hope to convert many if not all of my customers over to that next season.

7. Mrs. H

Mrs. H LawnSite Senior Member

We send invoices at the end of each month. David does pick up some checks from the residentials at the door during the visits. We generally only have to knock on the door for those who are late or bad payers.

8. Doug1966

Doug1966 LawnSite Member

-I think Blink meant what price do you charge, not WHEN you bill them. You can still charge $40 a cut but then send an invoice at the end of the month for $120, $160 or $200, for example based on whether you went 3, 4 or 5 times.

9. causalitist

causalitist LawnSite Senior Member

90% per visit, credit card only, charged the night i mow it.
    10% commercial, monthly billing, check.

10. Blink74

Blink74 LawnSite Member

I intend to charge for 28 mows per season (the average) divided by 8 equal monthly payments. Plus, customers could also factor in fertilizer and other regularly scheduled services.

Eg. $35 per mow X 28 = $980 per season / 8 months = $122 per mo. flat rate.

I'm considering this in order to: lower billing time and effort, obtain payment prior to work rather than after and level out cash flow.