1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How are you carrying your Z Spray

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Spraytek, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Spraytek

Spraytek LawnSite Member

How do you carry your Z Spray? I'm getting a Jr36 in a few weeks and I'm wondering what you've found to be the most efficient way to carry? I've looked at Smart Mfg's carrier/trailer hybrid, but that leave me to take everything every time I need to load a pallet of fert. Btw, I have a crew cab F250 longbed, SRW. I've got single and double axle trailers, but none have side gates. I'll probably be using those for now, unless someone can enlighten me on the ideal setup. Thanks for you input.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I have an intermediate and use a 6x12 single axle... But I have been looking at that little unit they have that can be put on a rack, I could use that for all my residentials and leave the trailer at home...

3. Spraytek

Spraytek LawnSite Member

Have you looked at Smart Mfg's "rack" or is that what you're talking about? I'm assuming you're talking about the 36R
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a smart manuf rack. Great quality
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ETM

ETM LawnSite Senior Member
    from Georgia

Thinking bout a z also but i will not carry a trailer
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I was thinking something like the PG guys use... But that smart rack is an interesting looking rig

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Look left and click on that PLUGR ad. They also have a nice rear carry caddy for aerators or other equipment. Strong yet it folds and rolls away nicely when not needed.

http://sourceoneope.com/ezHaulr.html

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  8. Spraytek

Spraytek LawnSite Member

That is a nice looking unit. I'm worried about an unsupported rack due to the weight of the Z. Also, if I go that route, I'm worried I will be overloading my rear axle when I load a pallet fert in the bed. I really don't want to pull a trailer, but I think my truck's rear axle is going to be the limiting factor that forces me to.

9. Spraytek

Spraytek LawnSite Member

Still looking for input.

10. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Aren't they a bit heavy to carry? Prefer my guys ride theirs
    Posted via Mobile Device