1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How are you doing it?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by rsls, Mar 31, 2005.

1. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

I am using a 6x12 enclosed and am trying to find an easy way to keep my 21" walk behind mowers from rolling around. How do you guys secure them? Looking for a quick in and out. :help:

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

uh, you serious?

try a strap

3. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

Not trying to be a dummy Yard Pro but thought somebody might have an idea. I was wanting something simpler that you could just roll it in and go. Do you strap down all your equipment every time? Seems like a waste of time!

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

you can always screw down some 2x4's on the floor, like a chock.

5. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

On my trailer, I have an eye bolt in the floor close to the wall, I use a bungee cord from there to my 36", takes a second and go...look for my pictures and you will see it in the lower right side.

6. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

Tie downs may seem like a waste of time but that few seconds to strap your equipment in can save you a hell of alot of money if you wreck or have to do an evasive manuever. Once you find a system that works for you it only takes but a few minutes. Just think about the mess if you have lapse in concentration while driving and put the trailer wheel off the road, and cant get it back. I beleive that the one sponsor JUngle Jim does carry a wheel lock down system for what you are describing. Just my .02 but some rachet that are weight rated for your application. Good Luck

7. rsls

rsls LawnSite Member

thanks for the response guys!