How are you dumping your walker mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CJCuttingEdge, Feb 20, 2011.

1. CJCuttingEdge

CJCuttingEdge LawnSite Member
    from USA

Im curious how most of you are dumping the grass clippings from your walker and getting them into your truck... If youve put a ramp on the front of your trailer please tell me the good and bad as I think im going this way in the spring. Please post pictures if you have them! cant wait to get feedback:usflag:

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I have an electric dump unit and when I hauled clippings I would dump next to the truck and fork them in with a manure fork. It sounds hard but is quite fast and easy.

3. CJCuttingEdge

from USA

Thanks for your input, I have a hydraulic dump insert in the truck bed...really thinking about modding my trailer with a front ramp that way I can back mower right into truck bed and dump. Just want to see if anyone has any other easy ways of doing timely

4. XLS

XLS LawnSite Silver Member

your going to be using tarps or pitchforks to load it unless you build a gate
    the easiest way if using a trailer is build a container 4' tall from the front of the fender to the rear of the trailer and add a side gate and a little extra width to the front of the trailer to park the mower sideways . simply dump the grass in the rear part and fork it higher if you need it . fork it out at the end of the day .

5. tglasslawncare

tglasslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I used to use the dump inserts walker sells. I now have the hi-dump option. But the dump inserts works o.k If you back up the walker on the trailer and get close to the tailgate you can unload the dump inserts into the bed of the truck. I always put a tarp down on the trailer and then back the walker on top of that before opening the rear door.

6. tglasslawncare

How do you like the truck craft dump insert? I was thinking of buying one for my pick-up. Thanks

7. CJCuttingEdge

from USA

I love the insert, a hell of a lot better then the scissor lift inserts...I've never had any issues with mine :)
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. tglasslawncare

The one I am looking at is a scissor lift used model old truck craft model. Is there a big difference. I was curious about that? Any thoughts? Also, I can send pics of the dump bins if you never have seen them. Thanks

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I bought a different walker this winter. This one has an all seasons high lift on it. Yesterday was my first day of really using it and I love it! Have a couple electrical issues I'm still working out, but I think I'm gonna be real happy with it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. TMlawncare

TMlawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a six foot wide oxlite arched aluminum ramp from trailer into the back of our 1 ton dump.