1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How are you guys carrying power pruners??

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Greg78, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I started a thread in the pictures section but didn't get any responses. So I'll put one here.

We started carrying our power pruners in our trimmer racks this week. They seem to be doing okay, they don't appear to bounce around any more than the trimmers. I was worried that their might be too much length hanging past the rack??

Looks to be about 4' past the rack on my dad's trailer, and 3' past the rack on mine.

Anybody care to post how they carry theirs?

5x8.jpg

6x10.jpg

2. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good to me...as long as its not bouncing all over the place it should be good...thats a nice lookin saw...new toy?

3. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

I use my hands

4. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

put the pruner on the lowest rack .. sounds stupid, but you might wack your face on that

5. Greg78

Blower is in the way of using lowest rack.

6. Greg78

Thanks. The telescopic saw we've had for a while. The PAS we just got this week.

7. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you like the telescoping? I have the stihl hedge trimmer with the kombi system and im going to get the extention but i heard it is a PITA to work with..what do you think?

8. Greg78

I like the telescopic, really easy to slide out to reach what you need. I don't use it very often as it is on my dad's trailer.

I am going to get an extension or two for the PAS that I use.

9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I have no pictures of my primary enclosed trailer but:
    the trailer is lined with 20 gauge steel,
    on the right, or passenger side, I mounted four racks for the hand trimmers;
    two across the front for blowers, and;
    on the left side I mounted a rack expressly for the power pruner.
    Everything is out of side and protected from the weather, everything has a specific spot, and is secured quite well.
    Once I cut the steel plates to fit it took me maybe four hours to fabricate the remaining mounts.

10. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

My question is where are your weed eaters?