How are you guys doing it

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ChadsLawn, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I read this site everyday. Ive seen a fedw of you post that you gained such and such clients in a short oeriod of time. Ponch I think said like 17 accounts in a very short time. do you guys have a secret?

Chad

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

lowballing, unless they are reaching very widely into the market. 17 accounts would need about 850 flyers (2% response) however, I would hope to see 50% closure on estimates, so effectively doubling the flyers to 1700 or 34 calls.

3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

word of mouth and customers fed up with poor service

4. NewbieNC

NewbieNC LawnSite Member

ive picked up alot of accounts from people mad at their current guy for being a month late! I dont lowball...but people will pay more if they know you'll show up and do well.

5. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I have 24 now and in business for about a month and a half, I put out about 2000 door hangers when I started, also advertised in the community papers (they are news letters that go out to deed restricted sub-div in the surrounding area). I also have published my website so anyone that does a search in my area they can find my name, which stands out from the normal...I do not lowball at all, in fact I am higher then most LCO in this area.

6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I was always told it was more like 1%..Anyway Ive put out 1500 and have received 6 accounts. Hopefully 7 tomorrow.4 of these account were do to the other LCO just quit showing up.. No call no nothing.

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

WORD OF MOUTH is the secret along with walk-ups. No joke, I just signed up a customer tonight. 35 per week.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Word up mouth is key! Also, when its hot, and the low-ball fly by nighters don't show up, people will call on you to show up and provide quality service.

9. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

Easiest way to pick up a lot of customers in a short amount time is............

BUY SOMEONE ELSE OUT!!!! lol lol lol lol

That works, but just keep getting your name out there. I offer a referral discount fee to customers who recommend me AND I GET THE JOB. Usually $10. Not a lot of money, but my customers seem to like.

GOOD LUCK!!!

10. Sandgropher

Sandgropher LawnSite Senior Member

A lot of it depends on where you live to, i get 6-8 calls a week from my advertising whereas as my mate Garth who also lives in Australia can get over 50 calls a day, i can stay busy with my calls but i would like to get 50 calls a day i would just take the real cream jobs :)