How are you guys handling this cold weather?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jones68, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

It was -15 wind chill here this morning when i went outside. and i know that doesnt even come close to other areas.
  2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Sitting on the couch with a blanket most of the day. More of the same for the rest of the week :cry:
  3. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

We finally got done dealing with the hard freeze and frost that's been plaguing our area for the last couple weeks. Now that that's out of the way, a rain storm is approaching that should be hitting this area in less than a hour from now. So much for doing this weed control job I was headed to.
  4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Its 71deg right now. Sorry had to rub it in.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. yardworkswi

yardworkswi LawnSite Member

thats only about 100 deg warmer than it is here. the temp isn't as bad as the wind. 0 deg is cold but when the windchill drops it to -30deg that is no fun and the worst part is the wind shoved the ice on the lake and there might not be a spearing season (the only thing winter is good for imo). Check out these pics

JLSLLC LawnSite Gold Member

20 degrees here feels like 7
  7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

My dad lives in fargo, nd. I talked to him last night and he was saying their high for the day was -12. Yall can keep tht crap
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Have lots fire wood left now 22 over night 12:waving:
  9. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

cooking, eating, and drinking, not always in that order.
  10. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Truck repair and equipment maintenance, and hoping and praying for some snow we're suppose to get to make some money back after truck repair cost.