How are you guys liking the "Better" Mowers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by RLLServicesCT, Aug 21, 2008.

1. RLLServicesCT

RLLServicesCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

Its that time where I am soon going to need a new mower to join my equiptment line. So I was wondering to all you guys who have "Better" mowers, what do you think of em'? If you have had a scag or exmark, did you like their performance better? I was thinking about a new exmark and got quoted $7,500 for a turf tracer hydro 52'' /w striper & bagger. Better mowers are cheaper, but is the performance better in the dually? Is their product worth buying. Maybe a new Rider.......HMM. Any input appreciated! Thanks.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have never owned one of their mowers yet but from what I have read on here they are very wll like and a good mower for the money. The new dually they have come out with is the new hot topic right now.

3. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a superduty 36" and to be honest even though its not the dually hydro it sure is a great machine, i mean it is as well built as any mower on the market stregnth wise and other then losing a few cotter pins off my front caster it has been 100% lights out and cuts and stripes awsome and i dont even use a striping kit!

4. J.A.G LAWNCARE

J.A.G LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

you might have them on backwards the pin needs to go in from the front ...

5. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

great machines overall, I a the bottom of the ladder Super Fox and have not one complaint! Then factor in the price and they are GREAT deal. Any parts and or service is easy to get someone to work on it or just take care of it yourself.

6. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

Ive read that the turning can be tough on the single hydro Quicks, especially on smaller yards.
    For a primary unit, would you recommend the Quick single or a Belt drivin WB?

7. bigw

YOU CRACK ME UP THEY CANT GO IN BACKWARDS,THEY GO ON THE CASTER AND SPIN 360 WITH THE WHEEL.

10003-S_1.jpg

8. RLLServicesCT

RLLServicesCT LawnSite Member
    from CT

Hmmm... that caster is a bit thin on the better mower.... compared to my lesco its almost half the size. But you said vintage that all you've had problems with?:confused:

9. bigw

YES TRUST ME ITS BUILT LIKE A SHERMAN TANK. I would not hesitate to buy another especially the dually and you cant ask for better service or a better company to deal with they always treat me great when ever i need anything and to be honest my quick stripes better then my 60"

10. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

What about my question BIG?