How are you handling the drought?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jun 7, 2002.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Just wondering what others are doing to prepair and handle the drought? This year I pre-treated my lawns with Primo Maxx (wish I had done a month earlier) and I'm prepairing to use wetting agents. I also aerated my lawn just priior to the rain we fianlly had last night and it's already looking better.

If any are wondering if all this Primo Maxx stuff works check this out! As I posted in the pesticide forum here is a photo of a lawn treated with Primo Maxx, compaired to the other lawn not treated.

Now, a week later look at how my treated lawn has survived!

primo lawn close2.jpg
  2. KirbysLawn

Same spot a week later after 2 weeks of drought!

summer burn.jpg
  3. Thanks Ray, so far Primo has worked awsome on the lawns I treated with it.

We actualy skipped a lawn treated with Primo this week.

Now I just have to get them all on payment plans.
  4. Pelican

Pelican LawnSite Member

Drought? We've had 7 inches of rain this past week! The ground is saturated, the grass looks like we've missed a week's mowing and we're leaving mud trails wherever we go! Feast or famine!
  5. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I am in the same position. My lawn is not thriving to say the least. It is nice and thick, just not green. Very little weeds, if any. I am thinking of aerating, but I am worried about crabgrass. What are your expericenes with aeration in late spring/summer and getting crabgrass?

6. KirbysLawn

Mac, I would not worry about crabgrass if you have applied a good pre-m. I would make sure you can provide plenty of water, pulling cores exposes the roots to more water with the irrigation but also exposes them to the heat which can dry the ground out faster if not properly maintained.
  7. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

We have made a decision not to recognize any drought this year.... it's made life much easier....
  8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

John-- What do yo mean by this??
  9. It means business as usual
  10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Drought? What drought?