how are you organized?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ashs inc, Feb 8, 2005.

1. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

Ok.... I am lucky enough to be in an area where we can work year round. I get so busy with all aspects of the business that often the billing and office duties get behind. How do you all keep on top of these things? For instance how do you bill? Make sure they pay you? Keep up with your billiable hours during the day? Thanks in advance. Keep up the good posts
  2. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at Qxpress or Clip or any industry specific softaware that will do minute by minute job costing and scheduling.
  3. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We are looking at getting a software program in the future to manage our account and perform a daily schedule. Where in Alabama are you? We are about 25 miles north of Birmingham.
  4. ashs inc

ashs inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from alabama

South BAMA
  5. Green lawns

Green lawns LawnSite Member

We log in each job including any extras (Fert,Trim,Prune etc) each day. We are on quick books for all our accounting including the job information from each day. We bill all customers monthly, there bill shows each day we where there and what we did.
  6. logan

logan LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

This is what I do, even though some say I shouldn't. I get invoices with lots of lines on them, and write down all of my customers on one line each. When they pay me, I put the amount of the check next to their name. My customers all pay in advance (all 45 of them) and if they forget to pay I call them and remind them. None of them get bills and everything is easy for them and me. At the end of the month I have about three invoices with my income and all my customers. I have been doing it that way for about three years, after I talked to 2 different lawn service that did it the same way. Oh yeah, some may be saying that I am a scrub and don't charge enough so they don't mind paying in advance. I will let you all know that I work 4 days a week by myself, and I can afford a house, new truck, brand new stander, this year a new 20 foot trailer, last year a new truck, and a car three years ago. I urge all of you to try this system to help prevent headaches. Hope this helps.
  7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

We bought Gopher software and it does great for scheduling, generating invoices, etc... My wife generates invoices off from my completed jobs. We also started making monthly pays pay one month in advance...we then bill them when their balance is nearing zero. The computer program really makes a difference though.
  8. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I use an invoice program.......Proventure. Works good for me. I don't need any help with my scheduleing.......keep that in my noggin.

I'm in S.E. Al by the way...if your close maybe we can get together.