How are you preparing for spring

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Trucklover, Dec 16, 2012.

1. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

Going over the books, trying to figure out new cost for the coming year and well as new service charges - going 100% organic next year!
    Has anyone giving some thought on percentage increases for the coming year??

2. Toro 455

Toro 455 LawnSite Member

Last year I came within days of getting the pre-emergence down too late. It would have been worthless! Spring was a couple of weeks early last year in SW Ohio.

Luckily I'd checked soil temps on this website.

http://www.gddtracker.net/

It has a chart that tell you when crabgrass is going to germinate and the best time to apply pre-emergence. NO MORE GUESSING OR MISSED DATES!

It saved me. For you folks not in Michigan, Ohio or Indiana maybe you have something similar.

3. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Dimension opens your window for you on CG.

4. ringahding

ringahding LawnSite Senior Member

Still in SNOW mode. Going to stick to our current number of lawn mowing accounts and figure out how to implement the new Bobcat purchase into our scheme...offering no real landscaping(pavers, walls, etc.)

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

For my landscape company, working on designing a new door hanger. I figured id give them a try ths year. For my new flood control company, making alot of good contacts with local govts, levee boards, flood authority etc..
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

got all of my maintenance done. put stabil in everything. changed oil in ztr, pushmower, trimmer, edger. changed hydraulic fluid/filters in ztr. checked all air filters and replaced if needed on ztr, pushmower, blower, trimmer, and edger. greased ztr. cleaned out under fan shroud on ztr. put new blades on ztr and pushmower.

i did a few leaf jobs in december as well as helped one of my customers move a few things into their house. i'm all ready to go for next season. jan and feb i can do whatever i want whenever i want. it's nice to have 2 months off. in late feb or early march i'll do my taxes and then start cutting in the middle of march.

7. Trucklover

Trucklover LawnSite Member
    from MD

Im going with Flyers this year not sure how its going to work out yet, just ordered 20K of them so will see what happens :hammerhead:

8. BOSS LAWN 2343

BOSS LAWN 2343 LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed, I look forward to it every coming November.

9. treelawn1

treelawn1 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  10. treelawn1

treelawn1 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device