How are your mowers set up.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., May 22, 2004.

?

How are your mowers set up?

1. Side discharge

70 vote(s)
    64.8%
  2. Mulch

20 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. bag

13 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Doubles

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

How do you people have your mowers set up for mowing mulching, side discharge, bag, run doubles. I want to find an eaiser way to cut this tall grass with out all of the grass blown in beds HELP ME OUT.

Thanks Jason

2. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

As a homeowner. I must admit after seeing the results of what a power rake can do, I will in all likely hood go back to full mulch. Lawn dude pulled four 32 gallon garbage cans full of dead grass.

3. Rather Be Fishing

Rather Be Fishing LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I'm running an open cut / side discharge on all of my accounts.

The simplest method I know for keeping grass out of the beds is to run a double perimeter cut around them. Yeah, it's a bit more time consuming and inevitably you'll still grass the beds to a degree but you'll have less to try to blow out. With a wet Spring like we've had it's really difficult to avoid using a cage but I don't like to haul grass. I try save the cage for Fall with the exception of mowing pool areas.

I just snagged an account that I did an install and mulched, the guys that mowed it completely covered the freshly mulched beds with grass and didn't even attempt to clean up their mess.

4. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

One Chamber Meg-Mo's...One Chamber Double Notched eXcaliburs!

meg.jpg

5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I side discharge and run doubles. I tried mulching last spring, but threw in the towel. The only advantage that I can see from mulching would be less mess. Take longer to mow, dull blades quicker and forces you to clean the deck more often.

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Side discharge using Meg Mo blades on the 757. Mulching on the smaller mowers.

fareway,

hows that setup work for you? what improvment does that make? Thanks

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Side discharge with doubles at the moment.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

side discharge, already set up for bagging if needed with high lift blades

9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

You forgot to put "mulch and discharge" or "discharge and bag" on your poll. Discharge where it's appropriate, mulch where it's not. I ran one mower with each last season.

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I Don't Know Yet DLCS! I'm still trying to determine which set-up works Best for the Crazy Wet Spring Growth We're Getting...my first assesment of Meg-Mos in Lush Turf May have been too harsh ...I Put Them Through Thick Wet Turf @ 2.5" & eXpected Miracles...

Still Prefer the Mulch Kits When Possible but Sometimes You Have to Let it Fly!

mulchkit.jpg