How bad did I mess up?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by 95Z71, Jul 25, 2009.

1. 95Z71

95Z71 LawnSite Member

I bought some Scotts's Weed and Feed at Lowes. I just found out that it's not to be used on Brumuda grass. Am out SOL, since it's already applied?

This is what I bought...

Thanks

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  2. 95Z71

95Z71 LawnSite Member

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

OOPS... Good luck with that. Did you apply it at full rate ? I would think in about 5-10 days you will find a nice yellow lawn.

4. 95Z71

95Z71 LawnSite Member

I had it an the 5.5 setting...It won't kill it will it?

5. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Eh, depends on how sensitive your grass is imo
    If you have a well developed lawn and your not in drought or let it go to drought you should be ok,
    just keep it watered.

6. 95Z71

95Z71 LawnSite Member

Anyone else ever done this???

7. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

Did you, in fact, use the Scott's Bonus S weed-n-feed?
    This Product Contains Atrazine, and is used down south on DORMANT BERMUDA!
    The results will be devastating at the higher application rate. Bermuda is very resiliant and will take time to recover with watering....
    Keep us Posted!

www.southernag.com/PDF Files/atraz.pdf

8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah I would keep it well watered too. I certainly hope its irrigated.

Using it on domant bermuda is one thing to kill off any weeds. When the grass is dormant it will not uptake the atrazine. We use atrazine to help control weeds and emerging small patches of bermuda in st aug and centipied lawns

If the lawn is well established you MIGHT be ok as bermuda can be very tough but I think the lawn will get pretty crispy. Watch it daily for signs that its going pale. Not that there will be much you can do right now.

9. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Atrazine on bermuda is kind of iffy. I know I do not ever do it. Bermuda does not brown out for winter here. The few times I did do it, the bermuda turned really yellow for a month and that is with heavy irrigation. Your best bet is to keep the area well watered until the bermuda recovers.

10. CarolinaPro

CarolinaPro LawnSite Member

I would think if you immediately irrigate the entire yard for at least several hours you may be able to dilute the chemicals to the point where your Bermudagrass may survive fairly unscathed.