How behind are you??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Nov 21, 2002.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: just curious to how behind everybody is this fall. still trying to finish last weeks mows so we can start blowin beds next week. the phone is ringing off the hook asking if we forgot to come last week, unbelievable. just curious cya tony

2. yergus

yergus LawnSite Member

all the leaves fell at the same time, way behind, but luckily the customers know that we willl get to them as soon as possible

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Im way behind. Its been raining every other day. Every clean-up i do the leaves are soaking wet. Cleanups are taking twice as long as usual. I have tons of people begging me to do their leaves, but i havent even finished first round cleanups for my own customers. All the oak trees dropped at the same time and its a mess. Ill be doing leaves well into december. Everyone i talk to says they are way behind as well.

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

about 15 clean-ups behind, would have been about done for the year but the rain/snow has slowed us up. Oh well theres always spring clean-ups.

5. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

I feel your pain!!! I might have lost a customer over it.We stopeed doing her leaves the end of October. She said I'll call you when they all fall. Well she called me tonight and I told her that I can't do them until December 4th. She flipped out. I'm a steady customer. i told her between the rain and Thanksgiving next week the earliest I can come is December 4th. She said well I'm a steady customer. I told her that I have a couple 100 steady customers. She said well that closes that.:blob2:
    Is she from another planet??? It has rained and rained and rained somemore. Travis

6. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Im running about 2.5 weeks. Now they say rain Friday, windy saturday, rain monday and tuesday. Then we have the holiday....:dizzy:

7. Art Stubbs handy 58

Art Stubbs handy 58 LawnSite Member

:dizzy: So far behind my back end is catching my front end, hehe

not enough hours in the day and it seems to be getting dark around 4:30/ 5:00 ........... still have around 10 cleanups and 10 aerating. plus window washing, powerwashing and so on and so on.... so we are way behind........ anyone with any extra time on your hands, i got extra room to sleep......:D but not complaining could be sitting on my duff looking for the work...... hope everyone is as busy as well.....:D

8. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

General,

We're in the same boat here. We kept up w/ all accounts weekly until last week. Mon, Tues & Wed AM - Rain. Didsome landscape work Tues & Wed, Clean ups Thurs & Fri. Sat- Rain(Sun too so schtuff got even wetter & heavier). Decided to "skip" any jobs done last week until just b4 Turkey day. So far, we're 3/4 a day behind w/ the skips and some reports are calling for rain again Fri, Sat & Mon.

Can't ever remember a fall like this one, or a summer like this one either. If it rains again tomorrow, I have a truck & triler full of shrubs ready to be planted. Just pop some ibuprofin & don the raingear.

Bob

9. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Since it finally stopped raining for like 5 days straight, now I'm only about 1-1 1/2 days behind. It was way worse than that before this week. Started raining again today at about 2:30, so I had to pack up and leave the job 1/3 done. I hate that, I like to finish what I start. Oh well I certainly cant control Mother Nature.

10. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2-3 customers that love to call and tell me they need their leaves done. We did both on a friday, one called on tuesday the other on wednesday. we cant get back around to them if we were just cutting grass, I explained that leaves take 10-14 days cylce and we will just keep going through the customer list.
    Sure enough the one of them called again, to tell me that her leaves were really bad and that there was a chance of rain. The bad thing about her is that she is on budget billing, not no more, so it does not make me anymore money to go over their more often.