How big a bed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by BrandonV, Dec 24, 2007.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey guys, I'm buying a maintence/light duty mulch/box truck for my business. Only thing is I don't mow grass anymore and was wanting an opinon so I can get things priced. It'll be a ford lcf or w4500 or sterling cabover, I'm going to outfit it w/ a switch n go, with the main bed being a landscaper bed (or maybe a "vanscaper'') what i want to know, hopefully from you guys that mow more, is what lenght of bed do i need (minus dove tail) to get eventually 2 mowers on... right now we run just one walker, and some push mowers and occasionally they take the permagreen with them. we have a 14' trailer now, but its not as wide as the truck will be so i just want opinions on bed sizes, and hey if you have truck preferences yell em out too... merry christmas!

2. BrandonV

no help eh? oh well merry christmas all

3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i can put 2 riders and 2 walkers in my 20' trailer, a 14' would be plenty for just 2 riders but i think i woulld go with a 16' or even a 20' you never know how things can grow.

4. BrandonV

you're a gentlemen and a scholar

5. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

Our 16' Vanscaper will fit a 60" dixie chopper, 48" snapper WB and our dingo with easy and still have room to spare.

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

what does that mean?

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

The SNG bodies are already specific size options. 8' wide and 14-15' long. You can buy just the frame and create your own custom setup....or give them the #'s to go off of.

ho ho ho

8. BrandonV

big thanks