How big is your coverage area?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, May 24, 2007.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

How big of an area do you cover? 5, 10, 15 mile radius? Curious to see :usflag:

2. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

believe it or not, unfortuantly my work radius is about 45 miles...:hammerhead: unless I schedule only work in the city, I have to travel a little ways to get to my jobs, once I am there...i make:payup::payup::payup:

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

About a 20 mile radius

4. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

Lawn maintenance is about a 25 mile radius.
    Bush hogging a couple hundred miles depending on how much work is at stake.
    I will gladly roll 100 miles for a 10 hour day at 125 per hour. Have pulled 350 miles for a 3 day $3800 job stayed in motel 3 nights at 55 per night. Diesel in the truck for a 700 mile round trip was 190 dollars and diesel in the tractor was about 90 for all 3 days. this left 3350 to cut between maintenance and profit. figure profit is about 65 % when tractoring so $2180 profit in 3 days.

5. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

6. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

15 is my limit for lawns, and depending on the size of the landscape or cleanup job

7. Pristine PM

Pristine PM LawnSite Member

We have a really tight route for our residentials, but for our townhouses we are about 70 kms from west to east and 30 from north to south. As long as it snows at the right time traffic isn't that bad.

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

25 but try to stay with in 15 I mean do you see many lawns in these pictures? You gotta drive a little here.

Pics 022.jpg

Pics 024.jpg

Pics 021.jpg

9. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

That is so beautiful there. You can probably buy 10 acres there for what a flower pot full of land costs here. We are up to virgin land selling for 75,000 per acre. waterfront 1,000,000 per acre

10. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Yea, you can get a farm for what a lot cost some places.