how big is your

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MikeLT1Z28, Mar 30, 2003.

1. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

...trailer? :D

i just had a gate put on my 6x12 and don't really like the way it makes the trailer sit now. also i'm really out of room and need to plan more for the future. currently i have my 36" metro, walker and hope to get a lazer sometime this season.

any suggestions?

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

to answer your question, mine's 6.5x12' open single axle no brakes large 15" tires with a wood floor and 4' mesh gate.

The larger tires are nice when hauling larger loads because they absorb bumps alot better but they also make it wider and sit higher (gate has steeper angle). Should have brakes on it too. No complaints though, just thats what i'd change on it.

3. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Dual Axle trailer with brakes for a walker and lazer. (unless by "walker" you mean push mower)

4. glenjr10

glenjr10 LawnSite Member

To begin with, due to cost, i borrowed my grandfather's trailer which was a 5' X 8'. It was nice, but once I had enough money i bought the best trailer i could find. I just purchased a 7' X 16' trailer, double axel, and brakes. I love it. Plenty of room, pulls easily, and back without jackknifing.

The longer the trailer, the easier to back up.

I would always buy with a little extra, so you could be able to grow into it.

5. Holloway Lawns

Holloway Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 5x10 and it works just fine. Maybe in the next 2 years ill ad a 6x16 but for now I love what I have. I put a 21", 36" wb on it and have a trimmer, blower, line, water rack on the sides. May get a gate lift to lesson the weight of the gate.

6. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

6'6" x 12' Single axle with brakes.
    I don't really NEED the brakes, but it only cost me $275.00 (incl. labor) to have them added to the trailer when I purchased it.
    It's nice to have the braking help when I have everything on the trailer, especially when it's wet and you need to stop fast :eek:

I would like to have bigger, but not necessary now. By the time it is, this one will have paid for itself.

I can get my Lazer Z HP, Scag WB, and my Little Wonder Blower on it, and have room for a large barrell I use for clean-ups.

I probably will buy another Blower this year.. it will also fit, although the barrell may have to go in the truck then.

7. Bill Renda

Bill Renda LawnSite Member

8'.6" x 26' Got tired of outgrowing trailers so went big this time.:D

8. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

6'7"x12' open landscape trailer with 15" tires and electric brakes. The brakes is not necessary but it is a extra $170 option so I went for it. It is more safer that way and save brakes on truck. :)

I am in a small part time lawn care business by myself so the trailer I have is plenty.

9. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

6.5' x 16' w/4.5' sides. Working on a 5 x 12, no sides,just the rails.

10. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

mine is 7x16 with sides and all the other stuff. I like it because it is wide enough to park my Lazer sideways.