1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How big of an area can I cover?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jajwrigh, Feb 7, 2005.

1. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Here is the situation....My pastor at church has told me he wants me to fertilize and control the weeds this year. I have a few bp sprayers for broadleaves and lesco push behind spreader. How big of an area have you guys walked for one account? I need to get out there and measure, but I haven't had a chance yet. Its very good sized....
  2. sprayman73703

sprayman73703 LawnSite Member

Man I think anything over 1/2 acre (21780 sq ft) is pretty big to be walking but it is just up to the individual and their situation. good luck.
  3. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I used to fert and spray with a PG electric pump unit that is mounted on my lesco spreader, I would do acres with it...it was a lot of walking...but I did it. :)
  4. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Lets see...in one day I treated 2.4 million sq feet but I was on a tractor. I have pushed a 325,000 lawn in one day (a younger day I might add) and last year I treated about 490,000 on my ride on spreader in one day. Anything is possible.
  5. jajwrigh

Whenever I measure I will let you guys know the square footage. I believe that I am going to accept the work at any cost. It should prove to be a promising relationship for seasons to come!
  6. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

My last year before I bought my pg centri, I took care of a cemerty, 850,000sqft, and I walked it!!!! for the first 2 apps.

Then I bought the lesco truckster and mounted it on the front of my toro zmaster, Now if you still got a ride on mower get one of these spreaders, they only cost $350 and mount on the mower.

Then You can get one of the drop in sprayers from Gregson clark and spray after you spread.

7. jajwrigh

I was waiting to hear something like that from you!! That post will be my inspiration for the upcoming season...
  8. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Not sure what difference how big it is. If it is too much to physically do in one day split it up over 2 or 3 days. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough.