How Billin Works?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Kut N Edge, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Kut N Edge

Kut N Edge LawnSite Member

Ok guys im still confused on this whole billing stuff. How much do yall cut during the season and who determines where the season ends and when it starts? If they dont want a monthly statement divided into 12 months and they want only monthly on the jobs you do per month? I bet this is easier than it is but i am just confusing myself. :hammerhead: I was wondering if someone could help me out on this. Thanks in advance. :)

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I like it simple - cut, trim, blow .. load up. Pay me.

3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Personally I like billing by the cut. Most on here figure X amount of cuts per year at $Y for each cut and multiply those together divided by 12 and you get a monthly payment. Me I leave an invoice after every 4 cuts then they mail the check. This to me is easier and fair for my customers.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Im not sure of tx, but here in fl almost everyone charges a flat monthly rate. I bill in advance, just like the cable company.

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

my bills go out monthly, "not all customers"

on the 15th, that leaves 2 cuts prepay, if the bill is not recived by the 5th,
    a late charge is in effict,

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I bill on the 1st & due on the last day of the month.

7. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

They pay by the cut, and get an invoice by the 5th of the month for the previous months' services. Payment is due by the 20th.

8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

The weather determines when each of the four seasons start, and end.