How Bout Them Stand Up Mowers?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Jimmy Dean, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean LawnSite Member

Anyone out there have or used the Wright stand-up mowers? I live in the NC mountains, alot of slopping yards, are these mowers better for this type of terrain?
  2. tedfrk

tedfrk LawnSite Member

i wish i could help you out.i never used one but am curious myself,go demo one and let us know.
  3. jimithing31

jimithing31 LawnSite Member

48in Wright Stander here and I love it. Only thing I recommend is get the rapid rapid height deck. Adjusting the Casters every time you need to change height is a PITA.
  4. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

If you are doing hills, slopes, etc. DO NOT get the rapid height. The RH has a smaller frame w/narrower stance, smaller drive tires, less HP and a few other differences that make it inferior on hills!
    If you are looking for a mower for hills, demo the Stander or the Stander ZK. The Stander RH is a great mower and has it's place, but it sure isnt for hills or slopes! Trust me on that!
  5. Jimmy Dean

thanks guys.
  6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a 52" 23hp Wright stander non-rapid hite. it clings to hills like a magnet. awesome machine with a very small foot print for the amount of power maneuverability.
  7. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 48 Wright Stander RH. I have no problem on hills or flat terrain. I like the RH for the easy change in cutting height and you can hop curbs ALOT easier.
  8. Jimmy Dean

Thanks for all the input gentleman. Looks like I'll be buying one of the Wright Standers!
  9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Asheville NC...sheesh..there ain't a level piece of ground anywhere there!
  10. Jimmy Dean

You got that right my friend! LOL. But we can sure charge more for the danger aspect!:laugh: