How bout those guys who claim a 10000 HRS with no problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CRF500, Apr 7, 2007.

1. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

:laugh: :laugh: This stuff cracks me up, Oh we have 1200 HRS on the original deck belt or I have 2000 Hrs on this machine and never had a problem.

What are you guy's doing starting the machine then cracking a beer while you sit on it in idle watching TV for 2000 hrs in park! :laugh:

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Our lazer went 1,200 hours before 1 spindle went bad. 2,000 hours before the blade belt blew. Everything else is original and it now has 2,400 hours on it.

Gravely Pro-50 was all original except for 1 peerless trans a blade belt and wheels belts at 3,200 hours.

2 Bob-Cat 36" WB's had over 4,000 hours each before we sold them and only thing that ever went bad was the belts and the shitty 12.5hp kawasaki engines. Everything else was original.

3. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

I do not know what you guys are cutting. I have never ever been able to get that out of my machines.

4. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

:cry:
    Me Neither, I don't care what macine it is - 250 hrs for a deck belt is about what I get.

5. ProStreetCamaro

We have cool season grass here that is very thick and deep every spring and fall and most mornings it is soaking wet with dew. We dont abuse our machines. Our 34Z has 500 hours now and its all original.

6. ProStreetCamaro

I have no reason to lie about it. I am the first person to bash a machine if we havent had good luck with it. Our 36" Scag has been horrible and its a POS. 1,000 hours and it has had a blade clutch, front wheel bearings are shot, peerless trans is shot and the machine has always cut like crap from day 1.

7. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

I have 1200 hrs on a 36 wright velke. i just replaced the drive tires and i have replaced the velke wheel once. this mower has been used by countless employees and we occasionaly use it like a bush hog. belts still are fine.

8. ProStreetCamaro

I was thinking. You guys that are haveing issues with belts and stuff, are you running double blades or mulching? We only run normal high lift blades and never ever mulch. We strictly side discharge. Doubles and mulching puts more stress on belts and electric PTO's.

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Ok I was starting to maybe believe that you had a run of good luck with you two machines but now coming back and stating the Scag is a horrible machine ....credibility check?

10. CRF500

CRF500 LawnSite Member

I use my equipment as bush hogs and mow over everything. I am to lazy to get off the seat and pick up sticks we just mulch them. I take pride in being a samsonite monkey.