how can I mulch with my toro walk behind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by matthew horner, Apr 6, 2004.

1. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Allready getting complaints. I need to mulch with this mower until my ztr arrives. My wb is a toro proline belt drive 52 inch. Will doulbes fix my problem? or do I need to focus on mulching (read, focus on where to buy a mulch kit for this model mower?)
    Thanks.
    Matt

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Try doubles- use a regular lift blade with a gator or reverse gator style blade on top. It may not be the solution but I don't know your conditions. Still, it is cheaper than a mulch kit and more versatile. Mulching is great but I don't think it's right for me, maybe it is for you. Still, I'd try doubles first and see what that does for you.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I had to double cut some last week with the same mower, was a lil too much growth to cut off and left kinda a mess. After the 2nd time it was gone though

4. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the SFS deck there isnt much you can do. I have the 36" and run doubles, which seem to help some. Gator over regular lift.

5. matthew horner

matthew horner LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks all. Will doubles only hi lift work?

Frankenscag: I still haven't gotten that dixie, and he says he may be able to find me a ocdc. Just wanted to let you know. Thanks.

6. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

I have a Toro 44" and a 37" with mulch kits on each. I run gator blades (1 set). I love them. I had a mulch kit added to our 52" Hustler ZTR this year. No muss, no fuss.