1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Can I slow down growth

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Dually Driver, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Dually Driver

Dually Driver LawnSite Member

I saw some products that can be applied to plants and shubs that will make them nice and yet slow down their growth dramatically. Does anybody know anything about them or who sells them ???
  2. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

There are some hormones which will do this that we used to use way back when I worked at a golf course. Not sure of the name of them. One thing I do remember was that they were very dangerous to be around, and we had to wear a full body suit to apply.
  3. Landude

Landude LawnSite Member

One of them is called Atrimec, it works pretty well.
  4. Hissing Cobra

Hissing Cobra LawnSite Senior Member

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

If your'e looking for something for trees and shrubs cutless is a good product,it now comes in a 25# pail granular available at lesco. If you want to slow the growth of turf I have always used Primo-Maxx, Lesco has an off patend product available, it is the exact same formula it's called Regi-Maxx it is available in one gallons and 2.5 gallons and five gallon cases. This product should be used at intervals as described on the label, it will give you excellent color and vigerous looking turf when used on already healthy turf,when using on stressed turf always add an Iron additive to keep color.