how can people be so cheap.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by chefj, Aug 19, 2014.

1. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Man, you'd love being a designer. "That much for a stupid drawing?!" No sir, that much for a smart drawing. A stupid drawing costs 20% more because I drink more of my high-end bourbon while I'm drawing it.

2. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

^^ lol amazing.

3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

What if I supply the bourbon when you do our design?

4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm currently drinking Woodford Reserve in my Boulevardier. I'd like to step it up a notch or two; we can talk!

5. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a guy sign up for 45.00 per treatment. The day I came to do it he called and said how bout 40? I said no sir 45.00. It was already a great deal. He said aww man ok let me call and check with the wife again. He royally pissed me off the way he talked to me so when he called back and said ok I guess 45.00 I said Im sorry my wife said 50.00 WHAT!!! you said 45.00. right yes sir I did we had a deal and it was 45.00 before you started haggling me down. I have plenty of work. don't need people like this

6. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

^^ Locqus approves this Bourbon

7. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I like my wife said…. but YOU said $45, yea I know, but my WIFE said $50…. classic.

8. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

That was funny. I learned quick, its my price or I politely decline. Usually the next day or two I find a gereat customer. Use the frustration as fuel to find more good customers. Dont take it personally.

9. chefj

chefj LawnSite Senior Member

This was my response. I didn't want to post it earlier, but oh well. Not the most "customer friendly" response, but at this point I couldn't care less...

"Legitimate companies will not stop their truck for less than $35 per visit. $45 per month wouldn't be worth the wear and year on professional equipment.

Good luck with your lawn if you're budget is set that low."

10. Kawizx62003

Kawizx62003 LawnSite Silver Member

$45>$35 haha. Just kidding. On to the next prospect. Don't lose any sleep
    Posted via Mobile Device