How can you compete at these price's

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I want out today to hand out some flyer's. When i got to this one big gated community with about 100 house's, all with about 10,000 sq ft lots i ran into an older guy there that spilled his guts to me about which company is in there cutting the lawns and how much he is charging.I could not believe my ears when he said some company called #@#$%$%# is doing the lawns for 18$ per lawn.I didn't even have a flyer that went that low so i just pinned my business card to the bulletin board at the club house and left.How can you be profitable or even compete against those price's,should i charge 17$ that would be a waste of my time as far as i am concerned.Im sure this is some little weekend warrior guy with no insurance making beer money or some big ass company just hoarding all the work because they can...any way it was quite depressing.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

If the person lives there they could be just trying to get the price lower. Do some feelers.

3. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Don't believe everything you hear.

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

welcome to it!!!!

5. Busa_bill

Busa_bill LawnSite Member

Don’t let that get you down. There are people that won’t let someone like that touch their lawn.

Are you hanging these on doors or trying to put them in the homeowner’s hand?

6. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

wait a minute 100 houses 18.00 bucks for minimal stopping. 1800 a pop you might want to we add thats some decent money 1800 bucks. I dont know about you but I can cut 10,000 square ft quick. Just a thought.

7. Grassbuster

Grassbuster LawnSite Member

Can they all be done in one day? Even 2 days @ $17.00 per house x 100 $1700/2 days = $850 day - not to bad for me. Even 3 days = $566 per day How much more are you looking to make per day?

8. John Gamba

from ct

Why dont you Times it by 25.00 and see the number.

9. John Gamba

from ct

10. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

no this guy did his own lawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.