1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How can you compete with BRICKMAN

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by gslawncare, Nov 29, 2005.

1. gslawncare

gslawncare LawnSite Member

customers seem to be so happy and are reluctant to recieve competitive bids. Do these guys blow the prop. mgrs, free plants, snow and ls care. What's there secret. I know the huge commercial lease properties are out of question at this point but somethings got to give. I live at one of there sites and they won't tell me prices and only said they were on a 3yr agreement, and have used there company for 12yrs. I'm sick of those ugly brown trucks

2. I'm sick of those ugly brown trucks[/QUOTE]

Was in a lot the other day and saw a couple hundred more new trucks for them .

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Who is Brickman?

4. gslawncare

www.brickmangroup.com If you don't know brickman then you need to open your eyes to the fact they have more crews working everyday than all the LCO's on this site. They are a nation-wide full service landscape company and they don't even cut res. PA's got 2 branches, pittsburg and plymouth meeting.

5. rbriggs

rbriggs LawnSite Member

Just checked out there site. Are they a franchise or all company owned locations? They seem to be VERY big!

6. gslawncare

private company, with region mgrs, branch mgrs, deadly organized.

7. mowmasteruk

mowmasteruk LawnSite Member

I've looked at their site and all I can say is...wow, breathtaking!

8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Why would you want to compete with Brickman?
    Don't even try unless you're going to mexico this winter and bring back your new crews..........

9. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I interned for the company........You almost have to be an accountant to work for them. like said above, deadly organized and control a lot of nice accounts. you can compete with them though:D

10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd like to know how. i really don't think you can, unless you lowball them. 2 friends of mine got out of there own biz's and went to work for them. they both agree how well everything is managed.