How cold is too cold?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Inspira, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Inspira

Inspira LawnSite Member

Just got news that the end-of-year bonus was more than expected, and I think I'm actually going to be able to finally fix my deteriorating 6x6 lumber retaining walls.

My question is, did I miss the boat? I'm in North Jersey - can work still be done or should I wait until spring? It's two 4ft tall 25ft long walls, and a couple staircases.

2. greatinmulchbeds

greatinmulchbeds LawnSite Member

No right now is still a good time to have your wall done. You may be even able to get a better deal on one, I know I offer incentives like 10% off and other deals like that through the winter to stay busy if its not snowing.

3. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

You can do it as long as you get the base in before the ground is frozen and not heaving. Try to keep your pile of base rock dry and thawed if your doing it by hand, if you have a tractor than you can break up the frozen base rock.

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

We work year round
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Inspira

Inspira LawnSite Member

Awesome, I was hoping that would be the case.

That said - anyone in North Jersey? Specifically the Wayne area.

See this post for what I'm dealing with - though there is a bit less demo as the wall to the right of the garage has since fallen down...

Obviously, I'm not trying to just get materials and tackle myself. Amazing how a few years, couple kids, and a bad back will make you rethink things....

6. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

MRusk is the king daddy diva Hardscaper in the north jersey area.
    Posted via Mobile Device